Re: trouble with libcurl on Windows

From: Andrei Jakab <andrei.jakab_at_tut.fi>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:40:44 +0200

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> If I am to guess, I would expect that we need to do some magic in the
> makefiles to generate whatever file you need since we've learned in the
> past
> already that shipping a static project file of any sort gets outdated
> and
> broken so incredibly fast if it can't even deal with our adding,
> deleting or
> renaming source files.

I agree. Unless you're using the VC environment to edit the source code, the
project
files get outdated rather fast. I just took quick look at one of the .vcproj
files and
they seem to be in XML format. Therefore making a script that generates them
automatically
shouldn't be too hard.

> We do the curllib.dsp and curllib.vcproj files like that already, and
> I'm
> under the impression that works pretty good.

I looked for this makefile or script that you're mentioning in the most
recent
curl package but I wasn't able to find it. Where can I get it so that I can
create a version of it for VC9?

Andrei