RE: Patch to allow GSSAPI authentication to a socks5 server

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:05:59 -0800

Daniel Stenberg intoned:

> * I'm not friends with large stack uses and 64K matches that
> description imo.

I intend to chime in whenever stack frame size issues come up, as a
reminder to libcurl developers that there are many of us who use libcurl
in constrained environments.

For instance, in several of our embedded targets, the *total* stack size
of libcurl's thread is 4Kbytes. And for now, libcurl runs just fine with
that.

Allocating large stack frame variables should be a definite no-no.

Cheers,
Gary @ Casabi