Re: Linking libcurl under VC++ 2008

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:59:25 +0100

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Peter Soxberger wrote:
>
>> After I compile the project, I get the following error:
>> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__imp__curl_easy_perform" in function "_main".
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? Do I have to link an additional lib?
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#Link_errors_when_building_libcur

Bugger. These (simple) problems started to come after I suggested
to drop the .def-file and use the "__declspec" decoration (and -DCURL_STATICLIB
for those who wanted a static lib). AFAICR the only option before this time was to
use libcurl dynamically. But I don't think we should undo it. Rather this FAQ
item should be improved (firstly the table should be HTML-ized). I'll see what I
can do.

--gv