Re: Bug or not Bug

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:15:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008, Pietro Incardona wrote:

> Fedore Core 8curl and libcurl 7.18.2-6.fc8 + relative devel pack

Your mail was severly broken in the text section but I think I managed to
decrypt it anyway.

You won't like my answer:

First, the crash is quite clearly within NSS so unless libcurl is not using
NSS correctly I would say NSS is to blame. Fedora is one of the few distros
that ship curl and libcurl built with NSS.

But then, and here it gets more tricky, Fedora has its own set of custom
patches to NSS that I've not even tried myself (because I don't know how to
find them). Chances are the reason for this problem is caused by them, so
"just" blaming NSS won't necessarily be fine here either. If I'm not
mistaking, even their libcurl version is a patched version and not a "clean"
release version from us.

So unfortunately I think your best bet is to report this problem to the Fedora
bug tracker.

If you can repeat the problem with a libcurl downloaded from curl.haxx.se and
an NSS library downloaded from mozilla.org I'll be interested to do some
research!