Re: one second delay in HTTP PUT

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:13:43 -0700

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:44:03AM -0400, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
> I've tried building a new debian-etch package from source tarballs,
> but I'm not very expert at this and I am having troubles with the
> buildpackage dying on "lib/ldap.c:428: undefined reference to
> `ber_free'" -- I am naively using the default dh_make scripts building
> a "library" package.

I've noticed that Mandriva has also had trouble building libcurl with
(presumably) the latest OpenLDAP. It seems that liblber needs to be
linked now explicitly. That can be done by adding --with-lber-lib=lber
to the configure command line. configure ought to be fixed to do this
automatically especially since libcurl itself calls ber_free explicitly,
which is from liblber.

>>> Dan