Re: recompiling curl to NOT use system openssl

From: Peter Wilkes <pwilkes_at_gameservers.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:09:09 -0400

Dan,

thank you so far for the assistance.

ok i follow the documentation in docs/INSTALL for 7.19.0... since
there is no pkg-config or pkgconfig in the openssl package i am not
suppose to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH but instead use --with-ssl
so i made the line

./configure --with-ssl=$PWD/../builds/

in which case for whatever it is looking for to indicate that openssl
is installed to that location fails.

when i change it to
./configure --with-ssl=$PWD/../openssl-0.9.8g/

it does find openssl however when i get to the link line it comes up
-L$PWD/../openssl-0.9.8g/libs
which there is none. all the libs got installed to $PWD/../builds/libs

can i ask what file specifically it is queueing off of to detect
openssl is installed so i can modify my script to put the file in the
right place so i can link against the version i want to link against?

many thanks.

Pete