TODO-RELEASE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:47:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Yang,

You wrote in TODO-RELEASE:

> * System off_t, or equivalent, size must be recorded in curlbuild.h

What is the purpose of storing that there? I assume you mean the size of off_t
as used when libcurl is built (with LFS on/off the same way)? That should
already be recorded by the configure script.

For getting the size to do the checks I mentioned previously in the "Binary
compatibility and 64-bit curl_off_t" thread[*], we need to figure out if LFS
is explicity disabled on a system that otherwise could support it. I'm not
sure how this can be done in any easy manner. The AC_SYS_LARGEFILE macro
doesn't seem to disclose this info.

[*] = http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-08/0239.html