Re: Bug in curl multi DONE->COMPLETED state transition?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:38:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Josef Drexler wrote:

> But they are, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT is set to 120 and CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT is
> set to 60 (sorry for not mentioning this earlier). Should not always at
> least the former cause a permanent timeout to be active? Or have I
> misunderstood how CURLOPT_TIMEOUT works?

No, you're right. With CURLOPT_TIMEOUT set there should always be a timeout
set.

I think we've noticed and discussed this before that there is some glitch in
the multi interface in this department. But I've not really chased after the
problem as I've considered it not too important since in the multi interface
case you (the app) can always have your own timer and just remove the handle
whenever you feel like it.

I'd love to get some additional eyes and help on this issue.