RE: State of things for release?

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:56:38 -0700

Tiago Conceição wrote:

> > On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Tiago Conceição wrote:
> >
> > > Please consider CURLOPT_FTPOVERWRITE #define
> >
> > Just repeating that will just annoy us. We now know you want it. I say
> we
> > won't include it. So instead of just saying that again, you need to add
> new
> > arguments to your case and try to CONVINCE us (me?) that what you want
> is a
> > gain to the project and to other people as well and not only you.
> >

> I have sure if dev open a Poll on website something like:
>
> Should libcurl have a variable to turn OFF/ON file upload overwrite?
> Yes
> No
>
> 90% for "Yes" i bet

Since there has not been a *single* response to this thread agreeing with your request for this feature, I'm willing to take you up on your bet.

Then again, there will be no poll. (This is not a democracy.) And no one here will implement a new feature which only one person has requested and for which there is no compelling need. The priority is to make libcurl work correctly for this application using the existing interfaces; even at that, it doesn't appear anyone is currently working on that.

-GaryM