RE: State of things for release?

From: Tiago Conceição <tiago_caza_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 22:39:33 +0000

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Tiago Conceição wrote:
>
> > Please consider CURLOPT_FTPOVERWRITE #define
>
> Just repeating that will just annoy us. We now know you want it. I say we
> won't include it. So instead of just saying that again, you need to add new
> arguments to your case and try to CONVINCE us (me?) that what you want is a
> gain to the project and to other people as well and not only you.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

In that time i only say for "consider"
i think that is usefull for libcurl and for all people who use FTP functions
Save time and probaly turn App more fastter with a bulit in version
More easy to code for new libcurl users like me

Like an option on aplication for disable/enable file overwrite on FTP uploads
can be simple reduced at:
if(bOverwriteRemote) curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_FTPOVERWRITE, 1L);

what he current need for make that: Callbacks and extra code?

also for add that we need an error code for return When CURLOPT_FTPOVERWRITE is 0 and file exist (350 File Exist)

I have sure if dev open a Poll on website something like:

Should libcurl have a variable to turn OFF/ON file upload overwrite?YesNo

90% for "Yes" i bet

if dev realy not think on add that, please showme a sample code, how to check if file exist

thanks

Instale a Barra de Ferramentas com Desktop Search e ganhe EMOTICONS para o Messenger! É GRÁTIS!
http://www.msn.com.br/emoticonpack