Re: 64/32/16bit curl_off_t for DJGPP and WATCOMC

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:04:46 -0700

Gisle Vanem wrote:

> AFAICS this boils down to whether djgpp/OW can support >2GB files
> or not. Since neither of them have a 64-bit fseek() function they cannot
> handle huge files. True or false? If so, curl_off_t should be a 'unsigned int'

As far as I know, you can only[1] use FAT filesystems on those
platforms, and so having 64 bit file IO would be wasted there anyway
since FAT doesn't support large files.

Brian

[1] Unless you use a third party filesystem driver like NTFSDOS from
sysinternals, however, since DOS int 21h syscalls were never plumbed
with 64 bit file IO I doubt that this would change the situation.