Re: 64/32/16bit curl_off_t for DJGPP and WATCOMC

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 14:30:13 +0200

"Yang Tse" <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> The following snippet is intended to define a 64bit curl_off_t for
> those configurations that are capable of the following requisites
> simultaneously:
>
> 1) Have a 64bit data type to which curl_off_t can be typedef'ed.
> 2) Does pointer math correctly with the above defined curl_off_t.

AFAICS this boils down to whether djgpp/OW can support >2GB files
or not. Since neither of them have a 64-bit fseek() function they cannot
handle huge files. True or false? If so, curl_off_t should be a 'unsigned int'
(which maps to 16 or 32-bit depending on model (small/large/flat))).

> #elif defined(__WATCOMC__)
> #if defined(__LARGE__)
> typedef signed __int64 curl_off_t;
> #define CURL_FORMAT_OFF_T "%Ld"
> #define CURL_SIZEOF_CURL_OFF_T 8

64-bit in large model? I don't think that works. I think you
mean:

#if defined(__WATCOMC__) && defined(__386__)
    typedef signed __int64 curl_off_t;

--gv