An SFTP Upload Problem. Data transfer.

From: Pavel Shalagin <pshalagin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 23:15:15 +0400

Hi there!

I faced with strange behavior of curl/libcurl while was trying to upload a
file to my Influxis (influxis.com) account through SFTP. Libcurl
successfully authenticated to the server, created an output file (as I found
later browsing the account with other SFTP client software), but failed to
send file contents (uploaded just a little part of data, about 16k).

The 'curl' command line tool shown the same result and the log contained
something like that

== Info: About to connect() to m0o1cwsm.rtmphost.com port 22 (#0)
== Info: Trying 72.21.87.111... == Info: connected
== Info: Connected to m0o1cwsm.rtmphost.com (72.21.87.111) port 22 (#0)
== Info: SSH authentication methods available: password,publickey
== Info: Using ssh public key file id_dsa.pub
== Info: Using ssh private key file id_dsa
== Info: SSH public key authentication failed: Unable to open public key
file
== Info: Initialized password authentication
== Info: Authentication complete
=> Send data, 0 bytes (0x0)
=> Send data, 0 bytes (0x0)
 [Tremendous amount of such lines, ~1.5 millions just for a few seconds of
work]
=> Send data, 0 bytes (0x0)

I tried to upload a file to a localhost SFTP server (Core SFTP Mini) with
the same binary code and succeeded.

Does somebody have any idea what could it be? Could it be differences in
SFTP server implementations, firewall blocking or maybe slower internet
connection?

I use Win32 and MSVC 9.0 compiler.
Thank you.

Kind regards,