Re: libcurl 7.15.1 - no Win32 support for SSH ?

From: Stephen Collyer <scollyer_at_netspinner.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:29:25 +0000

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Stephen Collyer wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build some code against libcurl 7.15.1 in a Windows
>> environment, and this is failing due to the lack of SSH defines such
>> as CURLOPT_SSH_PRIVATE_KEYFILE.
>
> libcurl 7.15.1 had no SSH-based support (SCP and SFTP).

Right. That's useful to know. I notice that I've got 7.16.4 installed
on the Linux box (opensuse 10.3) I'm compiling on, which explains why
it's all fine there.

> Yes, I recommend libcurl 7.18.0.
>
> But also note that I don't know of any pre-built libcurl binaries with
> SSH enabled so you'll need to build your own.

That's a pain. So if I'm intending to deliver a product built
against a libcurl with SSH support, it's advisable that I build
it myself, and include it as a delivered library under Windows ?

I guess I'm lucky in that Suse built an SSH enabled libcurl.

--
Regards
Steve Collyer