link error ___imp___select@20 error?

From: Ng Qing Xiang <blood_rodent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:20:44 +0000

This is the error message. I only got 1 when i tried to link !! =(

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__select_at_20 referenced in function "int __cdecl fill_buffer(struct fcurl_data *,int,int)" (?ffill_buffer@@YAHPAUfcurl_data@@HH_at_Z)

i've spend time googling reading the mailing list archives but i cant find something related to this....*sob

How did i get this error: I downloaded the MSVC devel package and included and linked the library files as described in Rosso Salmanzadeh VS tutorial. I wrote my program, and i used the fopen.c example in it. meaning i #include "fopen.c" and wrote my program using the example functions (namely, fopen and fget) to open a url file and save its contents. When I tired to link the program, this error poped up. This error seems specific to the fill_buffer function in fopen.c though. when i commented out the lines which calls them (thus rendering the program useless), the error is gone.

I am quite new to c++... so i can hardly understand the technical terms used here. if it isn't for Rosso Salmanzadeh's step by step tutorial, i wouldn't even be at this step >.<. Please speak in more layman or step by step terms... thanks and sorry for the trouble. =)

-mandy

Publish your photos to your Space easily with Photo Gallery.
http://www.get.live.com/wl/all