Re: ECCN and curl/libcurl

From: Richard Atterer <richard_at_2008.atterer.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:18:59 +0100

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 01:49:37PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I get occasional emails from US-based people and companies who ask me for
> an ECCN number[*] for curl or libcurl.
>
> I really have no idea what to reply to them - other than "I don't know",

Not sure if this is any help, but a couple of Linux distributions that ship
(lib)curl have gone through the whole "export from the US" process. When
this was done for Debian a few years ago, I didn't pay close attention, but
a search on "Debian ECCN" turns up this email template:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/bzr/debian-archive-kit/templates/process-new.bxa_notification

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯