Re: Problem Regarding to OpenSSL on VDK

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:17:00 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Ajeet kumar.S wrote:

> I want to work on https on curl library. So I am trying to port open
> ssl on VDK. But till now I did not get success to port open ssl on VDK. For
> enable curl with ssl (for working https) we need to porton vdk whole crypto
> and ssl lib. Or some part of this library.

This is not really a libcurl question. libcurl can be built to use OpenSSL for
the SSL/TLS layer and it uses a bunch of functions in its public API. I'm sure
we need both the crypto and the ssl libs, but I have no idea if you can
possibly skip parts of them for easier porting. You really should ask the
OpenSSL team for hints and advice in that regard.

And as we said before, libcurl can also be built to use other SSL/TLS libs and
possibly one of them are easier to port to your particular system.

To be honest, I'd advice you to try to get this service provided by someone
who knows their stuff since it should indeed be possible. I mean, you should
consider paying someone to get this done.