Re: understanding valgrind errors

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:14:46 -0800

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 01:54:03PM -0600, Jeff Weber wrote:
> I'm evaluating adding libcurl+libssh2 to an embedded application. As a scp://
> upload test case, I modified the ftpupload.c example to upload to a scp:// URL.
>
> The scp upload worked, but I encountered numerous valgrind errors:
> "2175 errors from 52 contexts".

I looked at some of those errors in depth when creating the ssh tests.
Many of them are due to the use of OpenSSL in libssh2; I don't know
if those are valid or not, but they're filtered out for the SSL tests
because they're evidently not caused by curl. I looked at a few more
errors in detail and they looked bogus--they simply didn't match reality.
For those reasons I just disabled valgrind altogether for libssh2 tests
in the test suite.

If you can figure out how to get valgrind to work properly for these tests
it would be beneficial to be able to turn them on again.

>>> Dan