Re: understanding valgrind errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:11:55 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Jeff Weber wrote:

> "Conditional jump or move' errors are reported against libcrypto.so.0.9.7,
> not libssl.
>
> "Use of uninitialised value of size 4" reported against libcrypto.so.0.9.7

Lots of these OpenSSL-related valgrind errors are known issues due to actions
openssl does on purpose that valgrind just doesn't think is kosher.

The *proper* thing to do would be to add a filter to valgrind that ignores
these particular known and acknowledged false positives, but that might be a
bit annoying as I'm sure things differ slightly between openssl releases etc.