Re: Fw: Re: "SSL: couldn't create a context!"

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:07:10 +0100

Hi,
> but not the https. Maybe it's one of these three things then:

> 1-a bug with my computer in particular
> 2-a bug with "windows 98 se"
> 3-a bug with the program I'm using to test the library

> Do you also have a small test program that uses the libcurl.dll in this
> package? If so, I can test it to rule out #3 above.
I tend to say that its none of the above 3 - and your curl.exe is fact a proof that it works;
you can try a rebuild with DYN=1 to make sure that curl.exe makes use of the libcurl.dll you compiled.

> Thanks for your help with this. I'm planning on just using my locally
> compiled curl.exe (with no DOS console) since I already have a bunch of
> command-line code written now. Though, if you upload a small test program
> for libcurl.dll with SSL enabled, I'll test it. If we can figure out what
> is wrong it could spare someone else a headache in the future.
well, dont get me wrong now, but let me ask why you choosed XB?
To me it looks far more complicated to code XB than f.e. PHP; furthermore with PHP you get a regulary updated package + a lot more fancy stuff like f.e. bz2 or zlib compression etc;
here's a sample for SSL file download:
http://www.gknw.net/php/phpscripts/curl_getpageinvar.phps

The only benefit I currently see with XB is that it creates very small *.exe files via assembler;
but all depends on what you need to do; since you're able to compile stuff fine with mingw32 it makes probably sense to directly code in C; we have some samples in the source code distro - just download it, and take a look; you anyway should do that for the manual stuff which is also included;
and regardless what programming language you choose - you need to learn at least the easy interface and its options to work with libcurl.

greets, Guen.