Re: library build failure for ARM platform "../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: No such file or directory"

From: Rob Desbois <rob.desbois_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:03:14 +0000

> > If arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc.exe is complaining that ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so
> > doesn't exist, and you have verified that it does, then I don't see how it
> > could be anything but either some kind of cygwin problem or some kind
> > of toolchain problem. Try running that link command manually and tracing
> > it with strace (assuming cygwin supplies that) and see what happens when
> > it tries to open that file.
>
> It does provide strace, I'll give that a go once I've familiarised
> myself with it and see what's going on.

Errm...ok on its own the command does exactly the same; and with
strace it does absolutely no library calls before outputting the same
error message!
  $ strace arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/curl main.o
hugehelp.o urlglob.o writeout.o writeenv.o getpass.o homedir.o
curlutil.o strtoofft.o strdup.o ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib
  arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: No such file or directory

I can confirm that `strace ls` outputs a large amount of information
so it does seem to work.
Do you think this is confirmation that the compiler is at fault somehow?

--rob