Re: [ANN] libproxy 0.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:11:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

> I think in general that those systems which do not have C99 support are
> probably not interested in libproxy features.

IMHO, that's a rather bad attitude IMHO. If libproxy provides these nice
features, why wouldn't users on AIX, HPUX, IRIX and (many) other older systems
(or just systems where the admins have an inferior/older toolset installed) be
interested in getting their apps figure out their proxies in an easier and
more automatic way?

In my view, going beyond C89 in C is begging for portability problems. That
might be what you decide to do and of course you're free to do exactly what
you want and think is fun, but thinking people without C99 compilers won't be
interested in getting fine applications is not making a lot of sense to me.

But of course, this topic is now a bit off from libcurl and we don't need to
continue this thread here. Is there a libproxy mailing list we can discuss
libproxy-specifics on?