Re: Using new Visual C++ 2008 and Windows SDK

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:17:42 +0100

2007/12/18, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> [...] As I've explained on my blog and
> announced here in my previous post, there are two different cases to handle:
>
> 1. Windows Vista + Visual C++ 2008 + Windows SDK
> -> libcurl built with use of WSAPoll
>
> 2. Windows XP (or Windows Server 2003) + Visual C++ 2008 + Windows SDK
> -> libcurl built using old non-WSAPoll implementation

In the end the matter is that MSVC 9.0 (VS2008) does not support
Windows build targets prior to WinXP, and makes wrong assumptions of
build target when it isn't specified. So, if no build target has been
defined we will target WinXP when building with MSVC 9.0 (VS2008).

The change has already been committed to CVS and it will also be
available in the December 19, 2007 snapshot here
http://cool.haxx.se/curl-daily/

Could you verify if it is Ok for you ?

--
-=[Yang]=-