Re: General direction, ftp vs html file upload and/or downloads

From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:17:25 -0800

Hey Max,

Here's my 2 cents:

HTML uploads can be a strain on the server since it has to jump
through extra hoops (the web server) to get onto the server.

FTP is nice and light except it's unencrypted so people can sniff
username/passwords as well as the data you are uploading and
downloading.

If security is important and you want to be able to handle more
traffic, you might look into SFTP to get the benefits of both security
and power.