static linking SSL with libcurl for PowerPC

From: Ganesh Ragavan <ganeshragavan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:36:03 -0800

I am trying to build libcurl shared and static library for a PowerPC
architecture with the following requirments:

1. enable SSL
2. static linking of openSSL with libcurl.so.4.0.1 (libcurl shared library)
3. dynamic linking of libcrypto

./configure --target=powerpc-hardhat-linux --host=powerpc-hardhat-linux
--build=i586-pc-linux-gnu --with-random=/dev/urandom --with-ssl CFLAGS='-Os'
LDFLAGS='-Wl,-Bsymbolic -Wl,-s'

When I try the above command, it is building the libcurl.so.4.0.1 with
openssl dynamically linked.

So when I do "objdump -p libcurl.so.4.0.1", I see

Dynamic Section:
  NEEDED libssl.so.0.9.7
  NEEDED libcrypto.so.0.9.7
  NEEDED libc.so.6

 whereas I would like to see

Dynamic Section:
  NEEDED libcrypto.so.0.9.7
  NEEDED libc.so.6

If someone could point me out how I could achieve this, I would much
appreciate it. I am using curl-7.17.1.

Thanks,
Ganesh