File lock problem in tests on cygwin

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:30:15 +0200

Under cygwin, running tests with "make test" always fail 287; I found
why:

_ When a file is open in "ab" mode, the file is locked until closed.
This is done by tftpd for file log/server.input.
_ Tftpd keeps the file open until the request effectively terminates.
This includes the final timeout upon write request.
_ When running test 287 (http) just after test 286 (tftp), the
server.input file is still locked by tftpd and thus, cannot be open by
sws.log, making test 287 failing.

When test 287 is run alone, the result is OK.

For that reason, I patched tftpd.c to close server.input as soon as
possible.

Now test 287 is OK... but test530 fails !!! Even if run alone. Test 530
is http pipelining and has nothing to deal with tftp. I only changes
tftpd so I do not understand the new problem.
Please find the tftpd patch and failing test530 logs in attachment.
Thanks for your help.

  • application/octet-stream attachment: curl.log
  • application/octet-stream attachment: stderr530
  • application/octet-stream attachment: stdout530
  • application/octet-stream attachment: sws.log