curl fails to connect, when server is up after being down for a long time

From: mini thomas <mini_mol_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:06:03 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi,

  When the server goes down for a long time (say 12 hours), and starts working after that, curl is not able to connect to the server. (The application uses curl library and continuously posts data to the server-- every 10 seconds).

   (Things will work if I restart my application. But I can't do that.)

  Is it because the URL being accessed by the application is cached somewhere?? If so, how to disable caching? . If not, what could be the reason for failure ??.

  Thanks,
  Minimol