Re: LDAPS and configure /repost

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:43:54 +0200

Hi Daniel,
> I think it looks fine!
ok, just commited.

> Yes, I think it makes sense to use the same word for it on all lines.
> Let's use "enabled" on them all.
changed.

> Well, I think the names are for different purposes. The HAVE_* defines are
> what are detected and checked by configure and says what the system has
> available or can do. The CURL_DISABLE_* fines are then options that may
> select to ignore what the system has available and build without support for that
> anyway.
ok, makes sense; I thought initially I should check for LDAPS in configure;
but now from what I see it seems that every LDAP SDK has ldaps support, so probably no further checking required; however I'm not sure yet, perhaps its possible - though unusual - that OpenLDAP gets build without SSL support; for this case we would indeed need a check for a define or such....

> I think in general we've taken the approach to use a _third_ define in the
> code, like USE_LDAPS which then gets set in setup(_once).h like:

> #if defined(HAVE_LDAP_SSL) && !defined(CURL_DISABLE_LDAPS)
> #define USE_LDAPS 1
> #endif

> ... and I think this approach is rather good since it keeps the defines
> separated for their specific uses.
ok, will see that I change that soon....

thanks, Guen.