Re: Change in FTP output from 7.16.2 and 7.16.4.....

From: Robson Braga Araujo <robsonbraga_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:58:01 -0300

This change broke curlftpfs too. I don't see your point of "loads of existing
applications that use NOBODY today with the current meaning". Loads of
FTP applications used the NOBODY option with the previous meaning too
and you just broke them nonetheless. Why do you think that printing an
Accept-ranges: bytes is ok for an FTP connection?

Also I get the following stack trace when using the NOBODY option in 7.16.4:

#0 0xb7ee555c in Curl_client_write (conn=0x8065058,
    type=<value optimized out>, ptr=0xb7f05c10 "Accept-ranges: bytes\r\n",
    len=0) at sendf.c:180
#1 0xb7ee8497 in ftp_statemach_act (conn=0x8065058) at ftp.c:2126
#2 0xb7ee9428 in ftp_easy_statemach (conn=0x8065058) at ftp.c:2896
#3 0xb7ee9f95 in Curl_ftp (conn=0x8065058, done=0xb7b931fa) at ftp.c:3458
#4 0xb7eedf8a in Curl_do (connp=0xb7b931f4, done=0xb7b931fa) at url.c:4299
#5 0xb7efa595 in Curl_perform (data=0x805c798) at transfer.c:2421
#6 0xb7efafbe in curl_easy_perform (curl=0x805c798) at easy.c:492

I suspect this is because you're passing a constant array there on
ftp.c:2126 and trying to change it on sendf.c:180.

--
[]s,
Robson