Re: round-robin DNS crap

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:27:54 +0200

On 7/13/07, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
[..randomize output from getaddrinfo()..]
> I found one approach posted on the URL below, which is a patch for wget from
> April 2006:
>
> http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/lunar-dev/2006-April/005729.html
>
> I have not evaluated how good this particular implementation is, but we could
> very likely at least use it as inspiration.
>
> Thoughts on this?

I think the idea is sound. That wget patch includes a new option
--random, but if something like this gets implemented in libcurl we
would maybe not want this a an option at all: default should be to
randomize. Maybe we could have an option to turn it off though.
My 0.02 <insert favourite currency>
-Tor