Re: curl test coverage report redux

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:00:02 -0700

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 07:46:27PM -0700, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 10:38:16PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > Thanks agin for an exellent code coverage report!
> >
> > Would it be possible to get to see a report about what specific lines that
> > weren't involved (in any tests), to use as basis for adding new tests?
>
> I can tar up the necessary files next week and send them along. You'll need
> ggcov to easily see the line-by-line analysis.

I've put the file up at
http://www.npsnet.com/danf/software/pub/curl-7.16.3-profile.tar.bz2
temporarily. First untar the official curl source release file
curl-7.16.3.tar.bz2 somewhere convenient then untar this on top. You can
then run ggcov to perform graphical line-by-line source-level analysis.
The command-line gcov program should work, too, but it only seems to like
working with files in one directory at a time.

>>> Dan