Re: Digest authentication fails

From: Georg Hubik <curllib_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:45:30 +0200

> > I've compiled the lastests curl, but the result is kind of the same. The
> > authorisation fails again (based on the content of the obtained page).
>
> I don't understand. "based on the content of the obtained page" ? What
> does
> that mean?

Well. I do not see any error message in the curl output. But the retrieved
http page tells, that the authentication failed.

>> GET /Login HTTP/1.1
> >> Authorization: Digest username="admin", realm="xyz",
> > nonce="7597a14b4dade2441e203f6c165254aa", uri="/Login",
> cnonce="MTE4Mjk1",
> > nc=00000001, qop="auth", response="2767e7ef662f0ee8813e1fcc8f951baa",
> > opaque="e8fd8857310122a4752f656a3e2d80aa", algorithm="MD5"
> > zlib/1.2.1.1
> >> Host: 10.1.0.106
> >> Accept: */*
> >>
> > <http>
>
> Here you should've shown us the server response headers as they would be
> interesting for this case.

There are no more headers. The listing is complete (the http content is
stripped)

I figure you can use other clients fine with Digest on this URL?

Exactly. I've posted in the first mail the headers which I get when using
browser (I've tried Mozilla and IE - both works just fine). There is one
more strange issue. When I login to the page via browser it somehow gets
'unlocked' and I can access it using curl for certain time, but then it gets
'locked' again. I've also tried to get all objects from the loggin page
hoping that the authentication is dependent also on this, but no success.
(there are no cookies)

Is it possible to enable somehow more detailed logging? Any suggestions what
to try?

Best regards