Re: Including libcurl in a OS X Cocoa Project

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:49:05 -0600

On Jun 27, 2007, at 8:39 PM, Carter R. Harrison wrote:

> My project won't compile if I don't include the libcurl.a that I
> built so clearly it's linking against the library I included, but
> at the same time, the compiler is failing to resolve a symbol that
> was added in version 7.14. Anybody have any ideas?

You either need to change the name of your libcurl, or change the
build settings to directly include the file in the other linker
settings instead of linking to the library in the usual way. Apple's
linker gives dynamic libraries precedence over static libraries, so
what's happening is the linker is linking to Apple's libcurl and not
your own.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>