libcurl, SCP/SSH2, and Visual Studio

From: Curran Schiefelbein <nachbar_at_ll.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:32:38 -0400

Hi,

I've been unable to get a test program linked against libcurl under
Visual Studio 2005. Before I run harder against this wall, I'd like to
know whether it is theoretically possible to do what I'd like to do: use
libcurl to provide SCP file transfer within a VS2005-compiled program.

I have been able to get some basic stuff working against libcurl on
linux, but apparently my libcurl RPM wasn't compiled with SSH2 support,
and the final program *must* be compiled with VS2005 anyway. Even cygwin
is not an option.

Can someone quickly confirm/deny the possibility of using libcurl to do
SCP on Windows, compiled with VS2005?

Also, if you have a minute, could someone explain what is the role of
the file "curllib.lib"? When I compiled libcurl on Windows, I kind of
expected to see libcurl.dll and libcurl.lib. I don't have that much
Window programming experience, and it seems a bit odd. The libcurl
Visual Studio guide says that the normal .dll and .lib files should be
produced, not this curllib.lib.

Thanks,
Curran