RE: spreading the work load

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:49:18 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Shmulik Regev wrote:

> Of course. I'm wasn't hinting at something very formal. You should be able
> however to at least sort the patches by relevance and priority, so that
> people (like myself) will know where to put their effort.

Well, if we need to give the "system" too much effort it'll be a task in
itself that'll risk lagging.

I want attention on all posted patches, and I myself tend to try to read and
deal with them in a date-sorted order so that the oldest patch posted gets my
next free time slot. It doesn't always work like this, but hey...

If someone starts working on a patch and finds out that it'll take some time
to give a "verdict" on it, it will be fine to reply to the list saying exactly
that as then others know that it is being checked out and that there's a mail
pending on the subject.

> I think it will be important to guide people as to what kind of input you
> are looking for.

Yeah. But as a first approach it is enough if people just reply saying they
work on it or any other comments they have on the patch, and then we can
smoothen the process while we go along and think of better ways to do it.