Re: Request denied by WatchGuard HTTP proxy

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 10:45:47 +0100

On 3/1/07, Antonia Donà <adona_at_cogito.expertsystem.it> wrote:

> Request denied by WatchGuard HTTP proxy.
> Reason: request protocol version denied line='GET /search?as_ft=e&as_filetype=pdf&num=100&filter=0&hl=it&q=%2Bvolpe+costruzione navale+palo+nautico%29HTTP/1.1\\x0d\\x0a'
> Method: GET
> Host: 216.239.59.147
>
> I do not set any particular proxy for this download because I did no use proxy here.

WatchGuard is a firewall and it's a transparent proxy (it simply
handles all http traffic on port 80 going through the firewall). It
doesn't need anything in particular from your application.
Unfortunately I can't tell you what's wrong in this case, except that
WatchGuard proxies are very strict about protocol -- they will
routinely reject http replies without a Content-Type, or a
Content-Type not listed in its 'approved' list. For the message above
you could look it up in the WatchGuard documentation, it's available
online from www.watchguard.com.
I had a quick look and that message refers to the HTTP/1.1 string, as
it must match a configured proxy rule set. You may in the end have to
talk to the firewall sysadm.