ICAP support in Curl?

From: Gabriel Kälin <gabriel.kaelin_at_visonys.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:46:09 +0100

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether there is any support for the ICAP protocol planned in
libcurl. Have there been any efforts towards ICAP or would I be the first
to tackle that protocol in curl?

I've searched the website including these mailing lists for any
information, but couldn't find anything.

Can anybody tell me straight away, how much effort it would take to
implement basic ICAP support in libcurl? It's very similar to HTTP, so I
guess one could relatively easily implement basic support, but I'm very
unfamiliar with libcurl's code.

By basic support, I mean that one could construct and parse ICAP message
headers to send MODREQs and MODRESPs and receive the ICAP responses with
callback functions, just as is the case for HTTP. Could connection handling
reuse HTTP connection handling code?

Thanks for any thought and estimates. I'm off to have a look at the libcurl
code...

Gabriel