libcurl hang in poll() using easy interface

From: Sami M <sami2065_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:22:57 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

I am using libcurl v7.15.5 in a multi threaded (crawler) application. I get occational hangs in some threads. I was thinking it might be a known issue. A stack is below:

----
(gdb) where
#0  0xffffe402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0x00aba503 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x080d597d in Curl_select (readfd=36, writefd=-1, timeout_ms=1000) at select.c:101
----
In this case the app was trying to download http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu and spinning in poll for a time greater than timeout specified (3600sec). I have seen this issue occure more frequently with https sites. I am using curl_easy interface & using command line (curl http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu) seem to work fine with all effected urls.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sami

Get your own web address.