Re: Bypassing libcurl's handling of content-encoding and

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:08:18 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Shmulik Regev wrote:

> Attached is the patch, now against the cvs version. Please note that my
> runtime environment prevents me from really testing the patched cvs version.
> The actual merge was pretty straight forward though, so I hope it works as
> it did with 7.16.0 (with which I've tested intensively).

I beg to differ!

Attached is your patch slightly edited to be more the way I'd prefer it. But
as you can easily see, the CURLOPT_HTTP_TRANSFER_DECODING option doesn't work
properly.

I added a --raw option to the command line tool to test this, and here's a
tiny teeny chunked-encoded response:

   curl --raw daniel.haxx.se/chunky.cgi --trace dump2 -o dump1

... if you analyze the dump2 and compare it with dump1, you'll see that they
don't contain the same info when they in fact should.