Re: CURL_CA_BUNDLE and my confusion - need some feedback

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:34:00 +0100

Hi,
> Exactly which binary builds are you using that would benefit from this?
the php_curl extension benefits from it; at least it works fine with my NetWare builds.
I set the env var at boottime, and dont need to care later in code about setting it with curl_setopt() in each php file.

> And getting input to a lib through evironment variables is less than ideal
> and we should strive towards minimizing those, imho.
I agree; but other libs like OpenSSL do same for paths - and I would be happy if that would really work - but in reality I came just recently over an issue with OpenSSL and the php_openssl extension that some routines inside the lib seem not to honor the env var setting although they claim to do so, instead these routines work only when a openssl.cnf is located at the hardcoded place which is really bad.....

Guenter.