Re: libcurl and Mac OS X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:05:21 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Daniel Johnson wrote:

> I maintain curl packages for Fink <http://www.finkproject.org/>, a Mac OS X
> package manager and recently started submitting autobuilds since there
> weren't any for OS X.

Awesome! We really need more platforms covered in the autobuilds.

> I've noticed a couple of things during my builds. One is that tests 518 and
> 537 always fail, and apparently always have failed on OS X. It's probably
> due to the need to use select instead of poll. Perhaps those tests should be
> disabled on OS X?

I agree with Yang Tse that disabling these might not be the best idea, at
least not until we understand the reasons for these failures properly.

I guess we can adjust the "check" conditions for lib518 and lib537 to deny the
test cases to run on this platform.

> I've also noticed that when curl is built with --enable-hidden-symbols, the
> tests won't build since they need curlx_tvnow and curlx_tvdiff, which are
> hidden because they're not CURL_EXTERN.

Aaah. You're right, they need to be built/used separately since the curlx_*
functions are not part of the libcurl API... I'll make sure the affected test
executables get a suitable dependency so that they build and link with
lib/timeval.c. I commited my fix just now.