Re: keeping connection on multi_remove_handle for FTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:15:03 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Armel Asselin wrote:

>> In fact, we already have such a boolean: conn->bits.done is set FALSE in
>> Curl_do() and set TRUE in Curl_done()...!

> so I have to check if using this bit yields the right results, if yes i'll
> be happy with that as well.

No, it doesn't. I was wrong. We need to decide that another way.

> we could both use ABOR before resing the connection and run the ABOR command
> just before trashing the connection 'to help' the server, but i'd definitely
> would not be very happy to wait for the server to accept the ABOR command
> after the cancel (which may happen during application shutdown).

Uh, doing it twice on the same connection seems like overkill, and if you
don't want the response to the command then we shouldn't send it at all, since
we can't re-use the connection properly if the next time we use it we (might)
get a ABOR response first thing.