Re: libssh2 patch 10/15

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:39:56 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, James Housley wrote:

> Okay. Once libssh2 returns EWOULDBLOCK it will be a little friendlier.
> This was part of my questions at the very start, but I didn't express
> clearly enough.

Yeps, with EWOULDBLOCK functionality we will simply sftp read in a loop until
EWOULDBLOCK is returned and then go back waiting on socket activity and then
get back to the loop once there is.

> I don't think this is libssh2 specific. I think it is just the way sftp
> really works. It is SSH-FTP by name but in action is SSH-FILE in function.

I disagree. It is imposed by the libssh2 API. Mothing in SFTP's design or
protocol says APIs for it need to be blocking. But no need to moan about that
now. I intend to address that later within libssh2 itself.