Re: libcurl in LSB?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:16:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Camp, TracyX E wrote:

> I'm doing some preliminary work to scope the effort necessary to include
> libcurl into LSB.

Neat!

> I'm interested in any comments, concerns and issues about putting libcurl in
> LSB.

Feel free to ask specific questions if you have any, as I have no clues about
what LSB requires from a lib like libcurl, but I know a fair bit about
libcurl.

> Documentation and tests are a prerequisite to LSB inclusion. (lib)cUrl
> appears to have a fairly extensive test suite. Has anybody done any code
> coverage analysis on these tests?

I've never done any but I've always wanted them done! ;-)

> I see that it's an outstanding TODO item to add tests for some other
> protocols.

Yeps, there aren't any tests for FTPS, telnet, ldap, dict... and there's
probably a few other "gaps" too.

> Are there parts of the public API that are not stable? Looking through the
> change log seems to indicate that portions of the multi interface might be
> undergoing further change in the future. Inclusion in LSB does not always
> mean all APIs supported by a library go in if the developers do not consider
> them stable.

The curl_multi_socket() function is not yet deemed stable, but otherwise they
should all be fine to use!