libcurl in LSB?

From: Camp, TracyX E <tracyx.e.camp_at_intel.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:30:20 -0700

Hi, I'm doing some preliminary work to scope the effort necessary to
include libcurl into LSB. LSB (Linux Standards Base) is an effort to
create a cross-distribution ABI standard for linux that enables
applications to 'just run' if built with interfaces in LSB. Lately LSB
has been incorporating libraries that are of interest to desktop
application developers, one library that has come up as desirable is
libcurl. So to start...

I'm interested in any comments, concerns and issues about putting
libcurl in LSB.

Documentation and tests are a prerequisite to LSB inclusion. (lib)cUrl
appears to have a fairly extensive test suite. Has anybody done any
code coverage analysis on these tests? I see that it's an outstanding
TODO item to add tests for some other protocols.

Are there parts of the public API that are not stable? Looking through
the change log seems to indicate that portions of the multi interface
might be undergoing further change in the future. Inclusion in LSB does
not always mean all APIs supported by a library go in if the developers
do not consider them stable.

Thanks,

Tracy Camp