RE: Unknown SSL protocol error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:03:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I think I'll re-arrange that code to always avoid the session-ID re-use for
> the data connection when FTPS is used. I don't think it ever brings any
> goodness for that case and will then fix this problem "out of the box" in
> future releases.

Eeh. I need to take that back. I've read up on the topic and there should
1) never be any harm in trying to re-use a session and 2) a session can very
well be used on more than one connection.

So, re-using the session like this makes the data connect phase a lot faster
and I now instead claim that this is "just" a bug in the server end.