Re: libCurl and BOINC

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:32:32 -0700

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:02:39PM -0700, Rom Walton wrote:
> Data we're sending is 4556 bytes, after 1460 bytes are sent, the proxy server responds with a 407, more authentication needed. Libcurl proceeds to send the rest of the buffer, then the header for the next stage of the authentication. Not good.

Not good? If libcurl says it's going to send 4556 bytes, it had better send
all 4556 bytes or the server will get out of sync. Or are you complaining
that libcurl should be disconnecting the socket to avoid sending all the
unnecessary data? If you select HTTP 1.1 mode, libcurl should just send
the headers and an Expect: 100-continue header and wait for a response before
sending the body.

>>> Dan