Re: Removing WIN32 dependencies

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:55:56 +0200

> Really? MingW doesn't have "unix" headers like <sys/socket.h>.

It shouldn't, but Daniel's autobuilds of Win32 cross-compiled mingw
shows that somehow stdint.h strings.h sys/param.h unistd.h area
available since it is declaring HAVE_STDINT_H 1 HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H 1 and HAVE_UNISTD_H 1.

Those headers are not available when compiling with a Windows native
compiler, so I don't know if they are exosed by MingW or by MSYS.

Tha fact is that only using HAVE_HEADER_H for proper header inclusion
is not enough

We need something else to be able to distinguish when we are building
a Windows native target or not. At this point it is done (in part)
based on the definition of symbol WIN32.

My proposal was basically to more or less replace it with a symbol
that clearly would state if we were trying to build a Windows native
target or not, even when doing it on a Windows machine with some sort
of UNIX emulator.

--
-=[Yang]=-