Re: Removing WIN32 dependencies

From: Gisle Vanem <giva_at_bgnett.no>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:52:11 +0200

"Yang Tse" <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> #if defined(WIN32) && !defined(__GNUC__) || defined(__MINGW32__)
> I think that it pretends to include <time.h> and <io.h> only if we are
> building a Windows Native target, and will include <sys/socket.h>
> <sys/select.h> if not.

AFAIK, it should mean Windows, but *not* CygWin. The original contributor
of that horrid ifdef's obviously didn't know about __CYGWIN__. Hence it should
have been:
  #if defined(WIN32) && !defined(__CYGWIN__)

> How should we address this if we were to remove/change the check for
> symbol WIN32 ?

I agree with you; using HAVE_HEADER_H throughout is much cleaner.

> I think that msys/mingw32 has the same problem it exposes UNIX headers
> even when it is suposed to build a Win native target.

Really? MingW doesn't have "unix" headers like <sys/socket.h>.

--gv