Re: 7.15.4 introduced crash problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 23:27:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Ingmar Runge wrote:

> I have been using libcurl for a while now (it's excellent!) and wanted to
> upgrade to 7.15.4. Unfortunately, it crashes on me. It's working fine with
> the curl client binary. It's not in my application, neither with the release
> nor with the CVS snapshot from today (both compiled with MSVC 6.0).

You mention upgrade, which version worked fine for you previously then?

> I'm running Windows XP. Three screenshots providing further useful
> information are attached. It seems to be a share and multi
> interface-related problem from what I see. I removed the
> curl_easy_setopt(CURLOPT_SHARE) call and everything was fine again.

Really? That's very surprising. That third screen dump shows a call that
deletes a hash from an east handle when that is added to a multi handle, and
that is done unconditionally for multi interface and should do the same no
matter if anything is shared or not.

What exactly are you sharing between the handles?

Did any attempts in making a stand-alone app that can repeat this?